Feb 2021, Sadie was one of the Seven scientists who work at the University of Southampton recognised in their press release for International Day of Women and Girls in Science. You can read the article here.
During the third lockdown in January 2021 Sadie embraced her natural curly hair and made her first #CurlyGirl YouTube . She relived her love of hair mousse from the 90s too.
- During the second lockdown in 2020 Sadie was interviewed by a local Sixth Form teacher about her career in Academia and science communication.
- To keep herself occupied in the first lockdown in 2020 Sadie uploaded several videos to her personal YouTube channel AstroSadie (including a video where she attempts to speak Welsh) and to the professional SotonAstrodome YouTube Channel on the subjects of the SpaceX launch and Supernova science.
- Sadie wrote a blog for the Curious Meerkat blog about primordial black holes in March 2020.
- Sadie went on BBC Radio Solent in December 2019 to talk on their Breakfast show to promote the #AuroraQuest , an Aurora science research expedition to Svalbard, Norway that she was going on with some fellow physicists! Greta Thunberg and David Attenborough were actually talking on BBC Radio 4 at the same time as my interview on local radio, so she really couldn’t compete!
- Sadie was recently interviewed on the ‘Meet the World’ podcast about her public engagement and astronomy research.
- She has a soundcloud website where she uploads some of her some non science material. The page is called ‘Story time with Sadie’.
- She has been interviewed for Episode 13 of the ‘Bright Club’ science comedy podcast.
- Sadie was interviewed extensively and appeared in a film commissioned by the Institute of Physics (IOP) called ‘Physics of Comedy’.
- Sadie has project managed the SETI Cipher Challenge project for the last 4 years which is a schools event which combines both ‘Media’ and ‘Science Research’ elements.
2018 and before…
- She has made regular appearances on local radio (BBC Radio Solent) as their Sunday Morning Science Correspondent – these are also on the soundcloud website.
- Sadie also writes for the SotonAstrodome blog which features posts about astronomy and physics.
- She has written for ‘The Conversation’ an online academic magazine about the Rosetta Space Mission.
- She has also written a piece about the 2015 solar eclipse here.
- Sadie has also helped astronomy academics write press releases on their work.